Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Reflection


Dani and I had a nice short ride last night, our coldest yet. The barn was spangled with icicles and lights. I found her cozied up in her blanket - I have never met a horse that lets you love on them so much when they are laying down.



We had to give a trial saddle a final spin, and I have decided to purchase it - an older Albion K2 Legend.  It seems to fit her nicely and puts me in a good position.  Young horse + 30 degrees + new saddle? Why not canter for the first time in two months?  It went splendidly.  What a good mare. 



5 comments:

  1. What do you like about the K2? I love my Albion and have wondered about other models. I have an Original Comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a moderately deep seat but you don't feel restricted because of the small blocks. It feels just very basic (but comfortable) to me, which is what I'm used to. I tried a few with the big blocks and felt very wedged in. I don't know all that much about saddles - until now I've ridden in an old Thorogood synthetic and a little Collegiate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, a few comments: the set up of your blog is AWESOME. I seriously thought this was a wordpress site until I double-checked the URL. Second, where on earth did you get the floral sheet? My guy would probably disown me, but that is absolutely gorgeous. And, finally, do you follow the Fugly blog? They had a guest post recently about Paso Fino babies for sale: http://fuglyblog.com/2012/12/31/guest-post-paso-fino/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I just changed it recently, and it's one of the dynamic default options. Dani's blanket is this one:http://www.doversaddlery.com/weatherbeeta-joules-600d-turnout-blanket/p/X1-24253/. The colors are beautiful and we get a lot of compliments on it. I had to buy her a new one so I figured it might as well be fun! Her lightweight turnout is this one: http://www.equestriancollections.com/product.asp?groupcode=WB60387. I don't follow that blog - some of the Paso riding/training "styles" are bizarre.

      Delete
    2. Your blanket choice is awesome! I'm going to have to be more creative next time. He's due for a new blanket because his little tocks hang out. :)

      Delete